Thursday, April 28, 2016

I'm back!! Part 1

Hi Ya'll!

I am finally back!! It's been almost 2 years since I have posted,  but I will fill you in on what's been going on!

Since I last posted.. well first, I finished up the season with Landsbro IF in Sweden. Gosh I had such a good time and find myself missing my teammates, the country, and fika!!  


My teammates of Landsbro IF in Vetlanda, Sweden


I was so happy that my parents were able to come and visit me and see the country.  We all enjoyed Midsommar with my host family and got an authentic experience. 
At my host family's lake house celebrating midsummer!

This leads me to one of my favorite memories of Sweden where my teammates and I went to an EDM concert in Gothenburg.  What craziness that was!!  Some how I was able to get back stage and take a shot of Yager with Tiesto.  Skål! (Cheers in Swedish!)
Summerburst in Gothenburg 

I made the video around 30s .. :)

Halfway through the season, we got a month break and I took advantage of being in Europe! First, my sister met me in Greece for a week trip where we met up with one of my college buddies who's family is from there. Oh man do I miss the food and the frappes! The water is unreal beautiful and the people are so generous. 


Sis and I in Athens at a hostel

On an uninhabited island well except for goats! 
The island in the background is Kasos where we stayed!

My next trip was to visit a teammate from the Philippines National Team who is based in Germany. She lives in Aachen.  We took day trips to Brussels, Amsterdam, Maastricht, and met one of our other teammates in Colonge. 


At a German carnival. Think beer gardens galore!!

I am in 3 countries at once! Netherlands, Germany, and Belgium.

What a welcome from my philippines teammate, Cristina!

Soccer everywhere in Europe!

Amsterdam

From there I decided to go solo and take a train down to Munich. What a great idea! After enjoying a beer or two or three :) at the Hofbrauhaus, I toured Allianz Arena, home of Bayern Munich, and then took a bus to Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria. Both were definitely cool places to see!


Bayern Munich's Locker Room
Neuschwanstein Castle


I then took a train to Berlin and did some serious historical sightseeing. Next, I made my way to Copenhagen where I met up with one of my friend's from California who was attending music school there. Copenhagen was beautiful and the people were so chill and friendly!


Copenhagen

Finally, I made it back to Sweden. After finishing out the season, and even playing goalie for a few games (mad respect for goalkeepers!!), I couldn't help but make one last stop on the way home at London to catch a Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge.  

All in all, a good freaking experience!

Next post will fill you in on my time out in Los Angeles with Beast Mode Soccer!

Peace out,

Cooke



1 comment: