Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Typhoon Haiyan Update!!!

First, I want to thank all of you who have helped my family out.  We really can't thank you enough.  Thank you for opening your hearts and giving my family a roof over there heads.  The fundraiser had an awesome turn out, more than I ever could imagine.  Between the eBay auction and donations, we raised over $5500!!!!  This will go a long way in the Philippines.  Below are some photos that I have received from my family abroad.  And even after all the destruction, my family rallied to celebrate my Lola's 83rd birthday!  I wanted to show you all exactly where your money is going as well as who you are helping.  Mariming salamat!!!

<3,
Cooke















Post typhoon.  Family and neighbors meeting together to ration out the rice.





The lechun for the fiesta!  It survived the typhoon and made the perfect main dish for Lola's birthday/town fiesta!


My mom put together 6 boxes to send to our family in the Philippines.  Extra supplies and presents for the fam!  (All money raised is going directly to the rebuilding of my family's homes; these boxes were solely compiled and funded by my mom and dad.)





Lastly, a big thank you from my family!!!






1 comment:

  1. Great news on the fund raising and turn around it has made

    ReplyDelete